Sunday, June 9, 2013

More Than Spiders

I'm not afraid of spiders or snakes or heights. So I had to dig a little bit to think of what I'm really afraid of.  And all of it has to do with losing someone.

My mom.
My dad.
Morgen, Max and Markus.
My sisters. 

People lose people all the time. I have lost people. I have stood by while someone I know or someone I love gets that bad news. And it is the scariest thing in the world to me. Any one of those things would break me open and apart. Challenge who I am as a person. I don't know how I would survive without those closest to me. I don't know that I would live up to the standard of grace that has been set by those gone before me, if I were challenged like that. I'm not sure if Heavenly Father is really the one who designates time... somehow I don't think he is. But I'm afraid nonetheless. That next time it will be my own mother or sons, people I cannot live without. Those are my deepest fears, I suppose. On a light and happy note to leave it on, I quote Winnie the Pooh: