Friday, June 7, 2013

Great Artist Mom

It's been about 18 1/2 years now since I met this woman that I have talked about so many times before. I won't go into details, but there are some more things I want to record for memory's sake.

Such as about a month ago after surviving cancer, countless surgeries, and after having seven children, she launched her Great Artist Mom blog. Since day 5 of the blog everyday in June challenge is a public profession of love for a friend, either real or blog, I chose both.

I completely lucked out with some really and truly amazing friends, and the truth is I have been meaning to post a link to her blog for awhile, so since choosing to talk about just one is nearly impossible, I think I just want to say a thing or two about Laurie, whose birthday also happened to be yesterday. She is one of a handful of ladies that are so, so close to my heart. They have entertained me, made me think, and carried me through a dark time of my life.

I met Laurie shortly after she moved to Holladay in late 1994. I remember being excited that she and Heidi said hello to me at church, even if they did call me Becky. I couldn't find it in my heart to correct them, so for about six months, while all three of us were pregnant with our first babies, they said, 'Hi Becky,' in the halls and I answered back, I thought they were pretty much fantastic, so to receive any kind of greeting?! Whoa! Life = Made. Funny how we girls are about stuff.  Lo and behold, Heidi finally read my name on the ward list and called to tell Laurie that my name was not Becky. lol Heidi's daughter, Jessie, Laurie's son, Weston and Morgen all graduated from high school on the same day.

Anyway, I just love this girl and think she is amazing in so many ways. Her and her husband Aaron. I have so much respect for Laurie and her courage to fight cancer and win. Besides all that, Laurie is an intelligent human being, and also a fabulous artist. I've looked up to her and sometimes find myself thinking to myself, "what would Laurie do?" J/K

So that's my profession of love for another blogger/friend. There are many ladies that deserve love, but today I chose you, Laurie. Thanks for being my friend and for sharing over 18 years of your beautiful life with me. :)