Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Feeling Beautiful

It was hard to find a photo of myself that I genuinely love, that doesn't have my boys in it as well. Most of my favorite pictures are of me smiling with my laughing boys, when it's not just their mouths turned up, but their whole faces animated with joy. 

{It's not even very good quality because it was taken ten years ago on an old camera.}

This picture I haven't posted anywhere before. Except for my Photobucket account to back up my files.

I was on the Seine River my first night in Paris. This day involved many fun events, one of which was a night boat ride. I had never seen the Eiffel Tower before and when the boat came around the bend, the lights all turned on and it took my breath away, the gorgeous iconic building in the City of Lights.

I love the elegance of this picture. It's so peaceful to me. Being in Paris was very exciting, but this sight was beyond words. One of the quiet joys was feeling beautiful, and believing that feeling beautiful is okay. This picture helps me remember that.