Tuesday, July 20, 2010

No Phone Zone

I noticed on Facebook last week that my friend Becky Brown had posted this article about her cousin, Bunny, who had been hit by a truck while cycling in Draper with 9 other women early Wednesday morning. As I read about Becky's Cousin in the news article I was reminded how fragile life is. And I hoped that she would be okay and recover quickly from the incident.

But as I read Becky's post the next morning, Heaven has another beautiful angel, I couldn't believe it. She was so young and alive, she had a husband and two beautiful little girls waiting for her at home. Why? It all seemed so senseless. I was shocked and sad. I couldn't stop thinking about it and crying all day. All week. One of Becky's friend who also happens to be in our ward, Wendie Hale-Moran, commented on Becky's post that she had heard that the driver of the truck was texting when he caused the crash. If he had not been texting while driving, Bunny would still be alive. Becky posted this link Sunday night. It is so hard to imagine the scene today of her sweet little girls at her funeral.

I am posting this today and hoping that you will sign Opera's pledge and stop texting and driving. I just did. I know that I used to text while I was driving sometimes, but I am not going to do it ever again. It is just not worth it. Morgen is getting his driver's permit next month and I am asking him to sign it as well.