Saturday, July 31, 2010

Ticket to Ride

I received some tickets to ride the tram for free from two of my students, Kyle & Karsen's parents, who both work at Snowbird. Since it was such a beautiful day yesterday, I decided to go up and use them. I packed up a picnic and the boys and we went early in the afternoon

Tram ride to Hidden Peak - Elevation 11,000 ft.




At the top of the tram it was so nice and cool, about 62 and breezy. A welcome relief from the heat of the valley.



Morgen was at his friend Brittany's house, so he didn't come with us. Ben came up for his lunch hour and ended up staying the rest of the afternoon.


I felt like I was in Austria again, there were just fields and fields of wildflowers.










Sorry, these photos just don't do it justice. It was AMAZING!







Of course Max was way more interested in finding the coolest rocks, the ones that sparkled in the sun.





There was a huge snow field that we hiked over to see up close.



Markus making a snowball



I loved looking around and listening to the silence. It was so quiet I could hear the bees buzzing.



On the way back up to the tram, Max spotted this little squirrel and told me a story about the one he saw just like it at Mill Hollow.



After the tram ride down, we also went on the alpine slide. Fun way to spend the afternoon.