Sunday, November 27, 2011

Deck The Halls


{with little trees}
As I hauled the Christmas boxes up from the basement yesterday and today, my boys (especially Markus) whipped into a frenzy of excitement– the stockings! the ornaments! the ribbons! the nativity! the books! Poor little guys, they hardly knew which to take out first.

But once the tree was up and the stockings hung, they hauled a stack of books upstairs to read at bedtime (except Markus, who, of course, keeps Santa Claus next to his bed for constant reference). I have a good mix of holy and worldly, teary and giggly and at least a dozen beautifully illustrated versions of Luke 2. Every year I add one or two more to my growing collection.

Prized in my collection is the It's A Wonderful Life Book.



{and boughs of holly, fa, la, la, la...}

{I hope that Adler won't knock these over}



{He seems to think all the decorations are his new play things!}

{I am still fixing the tree from when he knocked it over in the middle of the night with a loud crash!}

{He is walking all around my little English village pieces and knocking the fake snow all over the ground!}

{Adler keeps chasing the skaters on the pond too!}

{Can't forget the mistletoe!}

{Nutcrackers from my trips to Germany}


{All the stockings are hung by the chimney(?) with care}

{In hopes that St. Nicholas soon will be here}


{Do you believe?}