Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Informative Performance

{A photo from Markus' "Informance" today}

{Markus, Cooper, Jason and Tyler}

I enjoyed Markus' "Informance" today almost as much as I enjoyed my yogurt for dessert tonight. I eat dessert. I enjoy dessert. It’s probably more accurate to say that I hugely enjoy dessert.

Dessert is good. Why make it bad?

Same with jumping in puddles. Taking a long, hot bath. Eating with your fingers, noticing the tiny purple flowers in the grass, watching a fire or looking at the moon. Reading a book – any book I lose myself in – until far too late. That tv series. My favourite perfume, blanket, dress, pair of boots. Whatever it is, but that sensational, simple thing that stops your shoulders from drooping, and makes a smile spread across your face and into your heart. Being an adult means responsibilities, duties, schedules, musts, to-do’s and obligations. But I refuse to accept that it also requires the forfeiting of quiet, simple pleasures – those small activities that wash the dust from our days, and give sparkle to our lives.

Especially if it’s called dessert.