Friday, June 6, 2008

Clown Day



Clown day at Challenger is what they call the last day of school. They had circus animal cookies for a snack and a parade of the kids and staff dressed up like clowns. This outfit was the best I could come up with, complete with orange soccer socks and my running shoes. Nice! Whatever, Markus thought I looked like a clown, so who cares how goofy I like in the photos, right? I was talking to Ren's mom (Ragen Rampton, spelling?) and she was telling me about going to Olympus Jr. High and how there were drugs back in her day, so she wasn't too surprised by my Churchill story.

The only bad thing was that I still needed to go teach skating afterwards to my Friday students, with my orange hair! I kept forgetting how silly I looked until I realized people were looking at me at Wal-Mart rather strangely. I don't think I will take up being a clown any time soon.

Later (with my hair still orange) I went to Noodles & Co. for a carbo-load dinner before the triathlon in Salem. Since it is our anniversary on Wednesday, we are celebrating early by going down to Payson and staying at the Comfort Inn so we can do the Tri tomorrow.