Monday, June 16, 2008

Zoo Day

Aria wants to go to the zoo today. So we are heading up there around lunch time and taking a picnic. But I wanted to catch up on my weekend before I forget to do it.

Lagoon was fun and I already posted the pictures yesterday. Aria was so much fun to take there, she is a fun loving little girl. On the ride out there she told me that she loves animals and told us all the animals that we look like. She said that she is a turtle, Morgen a raccoon, Max a monkey, Markus a bear, Ben a panda, her mom a Llama, her sister Kailey a giraffe and she told me I was a lioness. One of the first rides that we went on, the paratrooper, was her favorite. It has always been one of mine as well. She said she loves to feel like she is flying, and she was pretending she was a hummingbird, when the ride kept starting and stopping to let people off. I have always loved flying and I have always thought that if I could be any animal, I would be a bird. So we put our arms out for the rest of the ride and pretended that we were birds together, so fun! She just kept making me smile all day long.

We had the lunch with Ben's co-workers at Miner's basin and waited for the prize drawing to end, but we didn't win anything. Oh, well. After lunch the power went out to the entire park. So we spent probably 2 1/2 hours walking around pioneer village taking silly photos. When the power did go back on, they told us that we get to come back any day before June 29th for free, since the power was out for so long. So we will for sure, on a week day, when it is not so crowded and we can swim at Lagoon-a-beach. We will have two extra tickets since Aria and Ben won't be with us, so Max & Morgen are going to invite a friend. Should be fun. The big boys went on the big rides and I stayed with Markus and Aria in the kid section for a good part of the day. Which I really enjoyed, I had my Ipod on and was just kicking back people watching. I love to watch people and try and figure out which ones are happy and why. It is just something I have always liked observing. I did get to go on wicked with Max and Morgen. Max came back and asked if I could go on one ride with him, since I hadn't all day. I loved it. It was WICKED! Max was so cute, he just kept giving me hugs afterwards. We were some of the last people to leave the park since Morgen wanted to go on the rocket. So we went over to it but it had already closed. What a long but fun day at Lagoon. Everyone feel asleep in the car on the way home.

Then yesterday, Markus wanted to make breakfast for his dad. So I helped him make an omelet and then we waited until he woke up at 10 to give it to him. He already bought his own Father's day gift a few weeks ago. He wanted a new video camera to tape his swimming, so he bought it and told me afterwards it could be his father's day gift. Then I prepared my lesson and we went to church after I did Aria's hair. She looked so cute with her big white bow in it! Primary is a great place to be. I really enjoyed teaching, my class has some really great kids in it. They are 11-12 years old so some of them come back from YW/YM to go to class. One boy, Jackson said he watched Max at the try-outs on Friday night. His dad is one of the other coaches in the league. I asked him how Max did and he said pretty good. He is so cute, he didn't want to be mean I could tell but he also knew that he didn't make the team. I have never been very good at that, telling the truth but not being rude at the same time. Like if someone asks if this dress makes their butt look big, I of course say no even if it does. What are you supposed to do be brutally honest? I can not lie, but sometimes I feel like I can't be totally open. You know what I mean? Anyways, he was cute about it and trying to be nice but truthful at the same time.

After church I called my dad on the way over to Pa Buck's. My parents were in Oregon at the beach eating crab! They are so adventurous and spontaneous, they decided to go up since my dad had some people he was meeting with in Eugene, they just made a vacation out of it. So we didn't go up to Heber yesterday. We just had dinner over at Pa Buck's and watched Tiger Woods make that awesome shot at the U.S. Open. Ben's sister Amy and her husband Josh were in from Las Vegas as well. They live down there now while he is a resident at the ER in LV. Josh said that he likes living there but they don't want to stay. He said that "Vegas has no soul." I thought that was a pretty good description of Sin City. It is still a fun place to visit though.

After we came home Ben fixed the trampoline net. It has been broken for awhile now. These photos are the before and after, see what you think.







I made Markus his favorite thing for breakfast this morning, bacon. But now my whole house smells like it. Oh, well. I need to clean it anyways, since it didn't get cleaned on Saturday. Maybe Tuesdays will be my cleaning days this summer instead of Saturdays.