Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Friends

I went to visit my friend Kathy last night. She lives on Lincoln Ln. but she used to live by me. She has been through so many trials in her life and is truly one of my very best friends. I can count on one hand those true friends who have made a difference in my life. She is one of them, but she wasn't home. I called her earlier and talked to her daughter and she said that they would be home after 7:30, but when I went at 8:30 she wasn't there. So I just left the present for her daughters graduation on the doorstep. I hope that they found it when they got home. I will try to call her today.

So the thing I was thinking about friends yesterday (while I was cleaning and listening to my Ipod) is that I have a ton of friends from the ward, bookclub, Bunko, card group, girl night, visiting teaching, the rink, working out, school, work, etc. but the truest friends that I have I would not have necessarily picked. It just happened that we were at the right place at the right time to help each other. Like a pool party and we ended up being the last ones in the pool talking for hours (and friends you know who you are, so I won't mention any names!), a baby shower talking about the uncertainties of having our first child, the long walks and the unplanned on things that change everything, the temple and praying, the funeral of her husband, and the late night talks. All of these times have really had an impact on my life because of the friends that I was with and the time they took to care. So thanks to all of you that have made a difference in my life. I owe you.