Thursday, June 19, 2008

Swim Day


We are just heading out to the pool. Max invited his friend Dillon to spend the night and they are just finishing french toast for breakfast then we are going swimming. I had a great day yesterday. I went visiting teaching in the morning. Then I took Max out to his friend that lives in Pepperwood to swim. While I was out Morgen wanted to come with me so he could get some new crocs. Markus ended up getting some too. We went to two different places to find the orange ones that he wanted. Then I went back out to get Max and go teach classes at the rink. My friend Jessika was there with her son Britton and her daughter Amelie, who I haven't seen in forever. They went to Lake Powell for a week and while they were there, her husband gave Britton a mohawk. He looks like a little crazy kid with a blonde curly mohawk! Anyways, it was good to talk to a friend that I haven't heard from in awhile.


So I made dinner when I got home and Ben ate in a hurry before he left for his meeting. He is always trying so hard to do everything, I don't know how he does it. We waited for Dillon to come over and then roller bladed to the park. When we got to the spinning park we took our blades off and played tag. There is not a better interval workout anywhere that is better than a good old fashioned game of tag with your kids. I was totally sweaty when we started playing sardines. After it was dark we headed home and Dillon and I both hit the same crack in the sidewalk, since it was so dark, and went down. Dillon hit his knee and I landed head first in the bushes. We both started laughing because it was sort of funny that we went down at the same time. Dillon said his knee was fine. So after we made it the rest of the way home safely, Markus wanted to play Memory. So I made popcorn and we played until way too late. All the boys slept in until 9:30 this morning.


I have decided that I do not have the gift of writing. Some people can describe things so well, you almost feel as though you are there. I really admire that talent and wish that I could do that, but alas, I can't. So I still keep writing, just not very eloquently. I was outside the other night just as the moon was coming up and the sun was setting. It was beautiful and I was thinking about that song from American Tail, Somewhere out there. (It is probably because I had just watched America's got Talent and there was this 4 year old little girl that sang it on the show.)


I have not been able to eat much lately. I don't think that it is just because it is so hot out either. Because it was even when the weather was cooler. I choke down some oatmeal for breakfast, mostly because I know I have to eat something. Then about 4 or so I realize that I didn't eat lunch and I am still not hungry, then I make dinner and eat about half before I am totally full. My pants are falling off and I need to go buy some smaller ones today at Old Navy or something because I had to hold on to them last night at the park to keep them from sliding all the way down! I don't ever weigh myself I just usually use my pants to see if I need to lose weight or not. If they still fit then I am good, if they are too tight, I eat a little less that day. So I don't know what it is, I wonder if it could be my allergy medication. Possible. Anyways, I need to force myself to eat more because I don't want to lose any muscle. I have another tri coming up next month.


I will post some photos later from the pool. Ciao!