Wednesday, June 4, 2008

LAX

Morgen's last LAX game was rained out in Park City. He has had such a great time playing this season and I think he wants to play again in the fall.

Today was also his last day of seventh grade at Churchill Jr. High. I went to pick him up and take some photos with his teachers and while I was there, I needed to use the restroom. So Morgen and Markus waited outside while I went in the women's room. While I was in the stall I heard a couple of girls say, "Hey Mitch, come on in, no one is in here." He came in and I could see his red and white shoes underneath the door. He pulled out a plastic bag with a bud in it and the girls were asking him why it was so small and he said it was because he didn't have that much weed. I could NOT believe I was hearing all this, I almost fell on the floor!!! So I waited until they left and hurried out to ask Morgen which way the boy that went in the girls room had gone. He hadn't noticed but Markus did and we went and told the principal, Mr. Holbrook, who then had us point him out to him and sign a statement. They found him and the drugs were still in his pocket. The police were just pulling in when we left. What kind of a world are we living in? Honestly, I thought those kind of things were not at Churchill, man was I wrong!

Later, I went to girl night at Paradise bakery out in Sandy. We were supposed to meet at 8, so I arrived a few minutes after. While I was waiting for everyone else I started to read the paper and it was talking about the Cottonwood High men's baseball team winning state and their star player who made MVP. Pretty cool. Heidi (Hanks) Lindsay came at 8:15 and was telling me about the house fire she had a few weeks ago. They had five thousand dollars worth of damage done to their house from the ceiling fan in the bathroom. I feel so bad for her. Olivia came as well as Laurie and Kelli around 8:40. They close at 9, so we ate some soup and their yummy cookies until they kicked us out. Then we sat in Olivia's car in the parking lot for another hour and 1/2 until Kelli's poor back was killing her from turning around in her seat to talk to us. (She is 9 months pregnant) What a crazy girl night. We talked about all the usual stuff, boobs, sex and babies! Oh and bikini waxing (is it a good idea or not?) I love that I have such good friends to goof around with. I felt really bad though since I forgot Laurie's birthday present and Heidi's. It is Heidi's big 40 on Sunday.