Thursday, June 12, 2008

Last Game

For some reason today I have been thinking about people that are lonely. I think it was when I went running at the park. I went around lunch time since it has been so cool lately, I love it that I can run later in the day and not get too hot. So anyways, I was running and looking at all the people that were there alone at the park. Some were eating their lunches alone, others were walking their dogs alone. I read a quote the other day on someones Good Reads page that talked about the fact that most of our lives are spent alone. I will have to see if I can find it and post it out here.
"You'll never be lonely if you learn how to befriend yourself" — Unknown

That wasn't the one I was thinking of but a good one nonetheless. I need to update my GoodReads page with the book that I am reading right now. The Memory Keeper's Daughter, so far it seems okay, we will see how it turns out. Morgen has a book he wants me to read when I am done that he loved called FableHaven. So I have plenty of reading to do. I guess I should try befriending myself, then I wouldn't be so lonely and have so much time to read! j/k :)

It was Max's last sidewinder's game tonight. He played really well and did a dive into second that was crazy. Then he got out at third but only because the third baseman tripped him. They lost 10-5 but it was a good game and they tried really hard. He has All-star tryouts tomorrow at 5:00. The awards breakfast is on Saturday a.m. It is a good thing that he loves baseball so much. I am really starting to love it too. Monet came and dropped Aria off to me while I was at the game being a score keeper. She is going to LA for 5 days and I am watching Aria for her. She is such a cute little girl. I actually saw Ben at Max's game tonight for a minute. He came late and ate a hamburger while I was keeping score up in the booth. Then he left early to go to his meeting. How do you befriend yourself again, oh that is right, talk to yourself. I already do that, Markus actually came down stairs while I was writing this and said "Why were you talking to yourself?" I hadn't even realized that I was! Well, it is late so I am off to bed. Ben is still at high council meeting.