Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Favorite Chore


Okay, so I know this is not the most glamorous photo. Morgen took it of me for my blog, wasn't that nice of him? It is to remind me of my most favorite chore that I do every week!
I do like to clean though, not so much the cleaning but the resulting satisfaction when it is done. I try to clean for 1 hour every week. I set the timer and start with whatever was left undone the week before then move through the list of chores until my time is up. What ever doesn't get finished has to wait until next week. That way everything gets cleaned at least once in awhile and I don't go crazy trying to get everything done in one day. I make sure that the kitchen sink is clean at night before I go to bed and start the dishwasher. That way I don't have to wake up to a messy kitchen. I do one load of laundry each day, as well as the 10 minute tidy each morning. (i.e., make beds, empty garbage's, load the dishes, pick up toys, whatever, as long as it only takes ten minutes) I learned most of these tips from http://www.flylady.com/ your free online coach, cheerleader, and fairy-godmother for decluttering and organizing your home and life! She has other great ideas as well. I just only have time to focus on these ones.
I am going to Wal-Mart now for my weekly groceries. I went three times last week because I forgot my list. I have this week's menu planned out:
Tortellini Salad w/lion house rolls
Kelli's Texas tortilla soup
Grilled chicken Caesar salad w/ french bread
marinated flank steak w/ baked potatoes & corn on the cob
Grilled Salmon w/ wild rice & fruit salad
I better go shopping. I have been thinking about my workout schedule and need to post it so I don't forget and also about my true friends. I will post on those two topics later.