Friday, June 27, 2008

A good mom?

I feel bad for saying that I was done with the day yesterday. I think I was just tired. It was a crazy day, but it was a good day in so many ways too. Like after I took Morgen's friend home, we stopped to get ice cream on the way back. Since Markus was asleep and Max was over at Lucas' house playing air-soft wars, it was just me and Morgen, which hasn't happened for a long time. He had been riding in the back with Austin, but he climbed up front. Then he didn't say anything, but just reached over and held my hand. I felt tears come to my eyes, because I wasn't sure if he even liked me anymore lately. I didn't dare say anything. I will keep that moment in my heart forever.

I am not ever sure if I am being a good mom, how do you know anyways? I mean it is not like you get a performance evaluation every six months like at work and a raise at the end of the year or something. I just keep trying different things and hope something works.

Ben didn't get home until after midnight. I was reading a really good book though and enjoyed the evening after all. So it is all good. He went to pick up his new bike today and just left to take it out for a ride.

Max just came home with ten neighbor boys and his friend Easton informed me that Max & Markus invited them all over for a party! I was on the phone with Austin's dad who told me that Morgen had asked him to sleep over again. Austin threw up last night after we took him home so I think he really did have a concussion. Poor thing, I still feel terrible about what happened. He was feeling better today though and came over earlier to hang out. Molly just came running inside and Morgen is playing Brian Pepper's theme song on the guitar. The trampoline just broke as well. Wow! I think I need to go be a mom or a referee, which ever is more applicable. I'll write more later...