Sunday, July 6, 2008

Fun Day

I had the best day yesterday that I have had in a long time. It was just a kick back summertime day, sipping lemonade and swinging on the swing. Max had a friend over and Morgen went to sleep over at a friends house. Markus was playing at his friends and at our house. It was just really nice. We played baseball, the slip and slide, I tied about 300 freaking water balloons. Seriously, I sat on the porch for over an hour just filling and tying them for the boys. It was such a hot day, you definitely needed some kind of water activity. I also worked on this scrapbook project that I am doing for the boys school photos. Markus' is up to date, since he has only gone to preschool. I am working on Morgen's now, I have him caught up to 2nd grade and then I will start on Max's. It is a huge project, I didn't realize until I had already started, but I think it will be worth it when I am done. To give to them when they graduate from high school, or something like that.

I had an amazing bike ride last night. I forget how much fun it is to ride outside in the summer at night. I went up my usual route to porcupine and I didn't set any speed records, but it felt good. Then as I turned the corner to go on Wasatch the magic began. I had a great song on my ipod, the sun was just setting and the tiniest little sliver of a moon was floating in the sky as if it was being held up by a string. The lights were all starting to twinkle in the valley below and the air felt so good. As I rode farther along I noticed a couple sitting up on the concrete dividers that mark the beginning of the Olympus trail head. They were just sitting there, their legs dangling over the side, looking out over the valley, talking.

I cruised down 45th and through Holladay and thought about stopping to get some ice cream at Baskin-Robbins, but didn't have any money with me. So I rode on, probably better anyways, since it would just negate my ride. I made it home just after dark and was glad that I could be outside on such a beautiful night.