Monday, July 21, 2008

Inevitable



It is inevitable I guess that if you ride a bike, you are going to crash, eventually. Well, today was my day. I was crusing down 45th (going 42 mph) on the way home from my bike ride when a car decided to turn right. No signal or anything, I did my best to avoid hitting the dang girl in the mazda talking on her cell phone, but I still crashed. Luckily not in to the car, just the road. I probably would have been okay but there just happened to be another cyclist on his mountain bike who was trying to avoid getting hit by her as well. He swerved into me and when he hit me I went right into the asphalt. I thought I was okay at first but when I tried to lift up my bike I realized I wasn't, I couldn't lift my arm up. A lady that had stopped when she saw what had happened called 911 and told me that she saw the lady that cut us off and she had just pulled into get her waxing done. Apparently she didn't even see what she had done. So the girl that called the paramedics told the police what had happened and they gave the crazy Mazda girl a ticket when she came out of her appointment. I didn't want to ride in the ambulance (too expensive) so I called Ben and he was so nice to come and get me and my poor scratched up bike. The derailleur is totally scratched up. I cracked my helmet and wrecked my sunglasses as well. After I came home and took a shower, I realized when I couldn't wash my hair that I probably needed to go get some x-rays. Turns out that nothing is broken except for maybe my finger, but they bandaged up all my road rash and gave me a tetanus shot. I need to go in for physical therapy on my shoulder, the P.A. said at instacare and take some ibuprofen. Expensive lesson to learn.