Saturday, July 19, 2008

Loving what is...

Markus, Dillon & Max in the fountains at Gateway
They loved it and kept laughing when the water would shoot up!
Max & Dillon kept trying to get the jet to squirt dangerous places!
What a great day to be in the water.. when it was so hot outside.
Aria's singing group 'Pink Lemonade' performing at the fountain stage.
My niece Aria is aptly named..she has a beautiful voice just like her mom!
The boys weren't too excited about going to see Aria sing, but since we had just left the pool, they were in their swimsuits and were able to go in the fountains, so I think they ended up having a great time.
Kailey and her dad, Dave who flew in from Atlanta for a visit with his girls.
Kailey, Aria and my sister Monet.

We have had swimming days the past few days. We went to the outdoor pool on Thursday with Kailey, then to the pool by Monet's house yesterday with her and the outdoor pool again today. So fun. Monet and I had the best visit while I was at her pool with her and talked about some things that I have been thinking about lately. She really wants me to go to Vegas with her next month and I told her that Ben doesn't want me to. He says that he trusts me just not her! But it is not like I am going to go out dancing or something, we would just hang out by the pool I am sure and probably see a show or something. Anyways, she talked to Ben while I was on my way home and when I came home he said that he thought I should go. That if you love something, you should set it free, or something like that. Which is the completely opposite thing than he was saying on Monday. I don't know what he is thinking for real. So maybe I will go, I will wait and see.
Morgen had a scout overnight up at the stake property. Ben left for the Scofield Triathlon after the Wunderli reception last night. I gave Tanya and Sammie bears a ride home with me and then when we came home Max wanted his friend to spend the night. So today we had a great time, first we went rollerblading, then played ghost in the graveyard at the cemetery, then had a home run derby at the park until we got so hot we were melting. Then we decided that the pool looked pretty dang good, so we went home, had lunch and came back to swim until it was time for Aria's recital. I read a book while I was there entitled 'Loving What Is'. At first I was a little skeptical but as I skimmed through it I ended up really understanding somethings that have been causing me some confusion for awhile. So I think it makes sense, although some of the theories are a bit different, sometimes different is good. The author refers to going through this rethinking process she calls "The Work". Which basically is when you take what you think about something and turn it around to mean something new. It is all about what you THINK.
Ben came home in time to go and he would have been 3rd at the tri if he hadn't taken the wrong route on the bike. He was kind of bummed about that I think, but I think he did a great job for his first Olympic tri. Next time he will probably look at the map of the course though! He is icing his knee to get ready to train again on Monday. What dedication.