Thursday, July 24, 2008

Pioneer Day


Happy days of '47.


I had turned on the parade this morning to watch as I was getting ready, making up my bed, etc. and Markus came in and asked what I was watching. When I told him he said, "Oh, I didn't know it was pioneer day." So we were just chatting and he is always such a cute little talker, saying the most random things. We played I spy in my room for awhile and then the Rachel Ray cooking show came on, I wasn't really watching it just listening as I was putting my make-up on. Rachel said something about her guest to be on the show, that she was "one of the most beautiful women in the world." Markus was watching it and when Cindy Crawford came on he said:


"She's not the most beautiful woman in the world, you are."


I said, "Thanks buddy you are so nice."


Then he said, " You are beautiful when you are naked. You are beautiful in your church clothes. You are beautiful in your normal clothes and you look cute in your running clothes."


He totally made my day!!! (I don't usually run around naked though, so I am not sure how he would know about that one!) :) :)


I went in to the P.T. today and got some really good news from her as well. She said that I didn't damage my rotator cuff, which is good. She said that I have really strong Delt's that probably protected my shoulder from getting messed up more than it is. I have severe bruising in my joint so I need to stay off the bike until I can build up the strength in it again, but that I can still run. And swim again once the road rash heals. She said even that looked good and was healing nicely. I just need to keep letting it breathe and putting ointment on it. She hooked me up to these "Stims", which are electronic simulators and basically give you an awesome deep tissue message. She put some heat on my neck, which is really messed up too she said, and ice on my shoulder, then turned out the lights and I just relaxed like that for 15 minutes. I feel so much better now. It is amazing. I am going in again on Monday for some exercises that I need to do to strengthen my shoulder again.


So after I finish making dinner I am going to watch the fireworks down at liberty park with the boys. Should be fun!